It’s time for another Traktip!
Not all issues are made the same; some require immediate attention and must be prioritized. Luckily, there’s an easy way to indicate the importance of each issue within Issuetrak!
Priorities show the relative importance of an issue and help to determine where it should reside within the larger issue queue. Users with the “Can select Priority when submitting and maintaining issues” permission can set an issue’s priority upon its submission. Administrators can also customize these priorities to better reflect the needs of the team.
You can use Priorities in a number of different ways, including as a determining factor for Escalation Rules. Let’s walk through the process for adding and editing priorities.
How to Add New Priorities
To add new priorities to the selectable list, follow these steps:
1. Go to Administration > Priorities > Add
2. Enter a name for the new Priority
3. (Optional) Define the Display Order of the Priority within related lists and drop-downs (for example, a 3 would mean the Priority would display 3rd in the list).
4. (Optional) Define the pop-up message that appears when users select this Priority on an issue.
5. (Optional) Select the color that represents this priority in the Open Issues By Priority Dashboard portal.
6. Click Save. The message “Priority was successfully added” will display when the save is complete.
You can also edit priorities by clicking the “edit” button on the Priorities > List All page.
If you want to see a chart of all open issues organized by Priority, go to My Issuetrak > Dashboard Settings and add the “Open Issues by Priority” chart to one of the columns. Then save and view the chart in My Issuetrak > Dashboard.
And there you have it! As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, our product experts are always happy to help!